- Category: Consulate Affairs
- Hits: 8711
All foreign nationals are required to obtain a travel visa prior to entering Afghanistan. For the Diplomats, UN Staff and official missions, visa will be issued with high priority.
For all non UN organizations or private entities that have an office in Kabul, they need to communicate the impending visa requirements of their staff that are based in Switzerland to the Directorate of Consular Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul. The Directorate will then provide us the relevant clearance to issue the visa.
Tourist Visa shall be granted to those who want to visit Afghanistan for a holiday or recreation, visit family and/or friends. This visa is usually granted for one month. You can contact us directly; however you must set up an appointment with the consulate section.
Please be advised that all Afghans who hold a Swiss passport require a visa, which will be issued free of charge.
All Visitors must hold:
• One completed visa application form
• Two recent passport size photo (size 3.5/4.5 cm) with withe color background
• Valid Passport (at least six months validity)
• A letter of reference from your employer, indicating the motive and the time of your stay
• Registered envelope with your name and complete address to return the documents
• Original receipt of the Visa payment.
• A fee of 160 CHF per month for entry visa, 80 CHF for tourist/visit visa. ( Diplomats, UN Staff and official missions are exempt)
Bank Account Details:
Bank: Post Finance
Section consulaire de l'Ambassade de la R. I d'Afghanistan en Suisse 1202 Geneve
Download Visa Application form Dari/Farsi version (the form can be filled in and printed)