Important Information and Regulations
- Category: Consulate Affairs
- Hits: 1627
1. We strongly recommend all visitors to extend their visa prior to expiry, if they wish to stay in Afghanistan longer than the permitted duration. If the visa are not extended on the due date, the holder of the passport will be fined US$2 for each day during the first month of the delay, US$5 for each day during the second month of the delay (fined can be paid at ports). If the delay is more than two months, in addition to the fine, the holder will be deported.
2. We strongly recommend foreign visitors to register with their embassy in Kabul, the local Afghan Police Department and the Afghan Tourist Organization (if the visit is for tourism purposes only) on arrival.
3. During your stay in Afghanistan, we respectfully request our visitors to respect local culture and sensitivities.
4. Photos and Cinematographic films can be taken after obtaining previous permission in writing from the Tourist Bureau, Press Department, located on the first floor of the Ministry of Information and Culture Building.
5. Transportation of some rare birds out of the country is illegal. Therefore, visitors must contact the Afghan Tourist Bureau to obtain more information and relevant export certificate.
6. Tourists may export duty free 30 sqm carpets, 10 skins excluding Karakul, cut and polished precious stones including Lapis Lazuli, handicrafts and a limited variety of antiques.
7. Upon arrival, visitors are required to declare all foreign currency (If the amount exceeds 1million AFS or its equivalent value, approximately US $20,000) that they carry. Please ask for ‘Ansari Application Form’ at the airport.